Fantastic Texas BBQ Medley is another favorite chicken dish for the US particularly Texas residential. Enjoy this yummy, lip-smacking and fantastic dish for two times in a month. If you are going on tour, a long-trip or visiting beautiful tourist places in Texas, like Big Bend National Park, San Antonio River Walk and Hamilton Pool, you will enjoy a lot at these places with fantastic lunch in Texas BBQ Medley. Let’s know what are the ingredients in the recipe of Fantastic Texas BBQ Medley?
Ingredients to Make Fantastic Texas BBQ Medley
Serving People: 10, Prep time: 20 min, cook time: 6 Hours, 40 min
- 1 large chicken
- Texas BBQ sauce
- 5 beef ribs of 3 kg
- White onion
- 2 kg piece boned pork shoulder
- Sliced gherkins
- 1tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 8 tablespoons flaky sea salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 50 g golden caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 150 gram soft light brown sugar
- 3 bay leaves
Nutrition in Fantastic Texas BBQ Medley
Fantastic Texas BBQ Medley is a Keto-friendly diet having the following nutrients in it.
- Fat: 71 grams
- Calories: 990kcal
- Protein: 64 grams
- Carbs: 23 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Sugar: 23 grams
- Salt: 5 mg
Recipe of Fantastic Texas BBQ Medley
First of all, you are required to brine meat before 24 hours of your BBQ.
- Spatchcock chicken.
- Flip chicken over in such a way that the backbone is on your facing side.
- Use poultry scissors to remove either side of backbone, now discard
- Turn chicken over.
- Push down on the breastbone to flatten out the bird.
- Make some cuts in each leg joint.
- Insert each cut piece of meat in a large sealable bag.
- Spray 1 tablespoon salt into every bag.
- Massage the salt on the entire piece of meat.
- Squeeze air from bag.
- Seale tightly.
- Insert in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Now, tip remaining salt, peppercorns and fennel seeds into the mortar.
- Tear bay into little piece.
- Mash ingredients with pestle unless fully crushed.
- Add garlic salt, cayenne, sugars and paprika.
- Mix this all well.
- Remove meat from bags.
- Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Cover every meat cut with rub.
- Return to fridge for 1-2 hours, while preparing BBQ.
- Remember! You’ll start BBQ at least 7-8 Hrs before you want to eat.
- Heat coals unless ashen.
- Add wood chips if using.
- Push coals and wood chips to either BBQ pit side, after flames, become died and left with smoky cinders.
- Replace the grill and add pork and beef, putting them on the other side of the pit.
- Cook meat for 40 min.
- Leave it for 2-3 hours.
Fantastic Texas BBQ Medley is ready to serve to your family members. Or pack this BBQ in hot pot and enjoy at tourist places in a light rainy season.